Study In CANADA
Canada is a hugely popular choice as an overseas study destination for a host of reasons. Canada is a popular destination for thousands of international students because of its world-class cities, vast wilderness and a culture of tolerance and diversity. It is ranked as the “best place to live” and the “best place to study” several times and is renowned for working, visiting and investing. It offers excellent campus life and on-campus as well as off-campus job opportunities. The job prospects are good for international students. A Safe Place To Study : Canada has one of the lowest crime rates in the world. It is considered to be a relatively peaceful, safe and orderly country.
Canada is a Federation of ten provinces (Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, and Saskatchewan) and three territories (Northwest Territories, Yukon, and Nunavut).
- Capital : Ottawa
- Largest city : Toronto
- Number of universities : 98
- Temperature : subarctic in south and arctic in north.
- Official Languages : English, French
- Currency : CAD$
WHY STUDY IN CANADA?
- First rate education system in the world
- Immigration friendly country – PR option
- Large number of prestigious universities to choose from
- Low Tuition Fees
- Range of job focused programs with Co-op
- Strong growing economy with large manpower shortage
- Opportunity to gain Canadian Work experience by working part-time on- campus without a work permit and off-campus with a work permit
- Post-graduate work permits upon completion of studies related to field of study
- Nomination for Immigration to Canada under Provincial Nominee Programs
- Chance to stay in Canada while your permanent resident application is in process
- Spouse accompaniment/work right
CANADIAN EDUCATION SYSTEM
Canadian education system consists of both public and private schools, Universities & Colleges, Community Colleges / Technical Institutes, Career Colleges, Language Schools and Secondary Schools.
The education systems divided in to SPP and Non SPP applications for Indian students
Student Partnership Program (SPP)
SPP is an arrangement between selected Canadian colleges and Canadian High Commission in India to provide quick and easy study visa for the prospective students. The visa processing is easier and quicker under SPP and you have to show fewer documents.
You have to option of applying for non-SPP visa application, where required documents and visa process will be different as more detailed documents are required. The reason behind this is to solidly prove financial stability and the source of income. You can apply to colleges participating in SPP program through the non-SPP application.
- Advance Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Post graduate Diploma
- Master’s Degree
- TOEFL or IELTS scores as a proof of English proficiency. Depending upon the institution, the score requirements may vary between 80-100 for TOEFL and 6.0 - 7.0 bands in IELTS.
- For MBA admission a good score in GMAT is required.
EDUCATION COST :
- Undergraduate : 10+2
- Graduate : 16 years of education required (10+2+3)
- Past academic having good score
- Diploma & Advanced Diploma Courses cost range from CAD$11,000 - CAD$16,000 per year depending on the course.*
- Bachelor’s Degrees cost range from CAD$13,000 - CAD$21,000 per year for most under-graduate degrees*
- Post-graduate or Master Degree cost ranges from CAD$12,000 and ranges up to CAD$22,000*
* Fees given are of informative nature may vary from university to university
COST OF LIVING
WORK RIGHTS & STAY BACK POST STUDY
- Approximately CAD 10000 - 120000 for 1st year.
- Part time work right : Off campus 20 hours per week - 40 hours per week during vacation
- 40 Hours per week during vacation. No limit for on campus work
- upto 3 years stay back for ( 2 years study )or equal to the course duration if it is less than 2 years
Documents required for SPP visa application
- Letter of Acceptance from participating colleges under SPP
- IELTS score sheet with at least an overall band of 6.0 with no less than 5.5 in each
- 12th-grade mark sheet with at least above 55% score for undergraduate programs
- Bachelor's degree or three to four years of Advance Diploma with minimum 50% or above, is required for post graduate courses
- Proof of work experience
- Proof of payment of Tuition Fee
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of $10,000 for living expenses
- Medical test results conducted only by approved panel doctors
- Visa fee of $150